Monday, December 10, 2007

Santa Claus and Rascally Rabbits





This past weekend we went to see Santa in the park. Luke wasn't so sure about this Santa. He likes him in our books but in real life I presume it was a bit intimidating. Nonetheless, Luke sat at a cautious distance on the bench with Santa and proceeded to tell him what is on his list for this year. A "big diesel." So, Shaun and I are in a quandry. There are two diesels that are part of the Thomas the Train family. However, they are the same size. We're crossing our fingers... I have no doubt that Luke will let us know if Santa leaves the wrong one in his stocking. It is amazing to me how children know all they know. Who told Luke about Santa? Where did he see a big diesel versus a little diesel? When did he learn to count past 10 (all they way to 18)? He's a little sponge who observes everything around him and absorbs it all. He learns something new everyday and surprises me all the time. He is so full of energy and spunk. For example, last week he crumbled his cornbread to a thousand tiny pieces. When I realized what he was doing I said in a maternal tone, "Luke what made you do that?" He simply replied, "the rabbit (his toy) made me do it." So what should I focus on? The crumbled food, his imagination, or that rascally rabbit! My solution... I sent the rabbit to time out for telling his friend to disobey his mommy and told Luke, "it's not nice to tell our friends to disobey." The rabbit seems to have been very quiet lately and we haven't had any more crumbled cornbread... this week anyway.

1 comment:

Andy Traub said...

Thanks for the well wishes old friends. I just got a note from Stu Nelson that he's working on going on property staff soon. I trust all is well with you.

God's blessings,

andy