Monday, March 22, 2010

Luke's 5th Birthday - Part 1

AHOY MATEYS!

Welcome to Capt. Luke's Pirate Lair


Meet our trusty matey, "Sir Bones"


Watching Capt. Jim's Magic


Luke doing a little magic


A ship cake, per Luke's request


He blew them all out


On the hunt for treasure


Putting the clues together


Treasure found... Laughter at Shaun's comment, "do you think it's booby-trapped?"


Luke's best friend, Millie. I don't know if one can be any cuter

It's Monday after Luke's Pirate birthday party and I'm tired, Luke's tired, and Wyatt's tired (though I'm not sure why Wyatt's tired). Luke is tired because he played so hard and had a great time. I'm tired because I'm the mommy and having 10 children at your house for an extended period of time is tiring. With that said, a good time was had by all. Luke requested a pirate party this year with a pirate ship cake and a treasure hunt. We tried to deliver by converting our garage into a pirate's lair, having a treasure map with clues to find and solve, and having a real pirate magician to share a little magic from the high seas! Bebop (Barry) made an awesome treasure map to lead the kids on their adventure to find clues and landmarks which led them to the treasure chest full of pirate bounty. Captain Jim came to do magic and he did a great job. The kids and the parents (especially Shaun) got a kick out of his tricks and rhymes. Thankfully, the raining weather held off until just after the party ended. All and all it was a little party. Luke said his favorite part was the treasure hunt and knocking on Captain Jim's peg leg for good luck!

1 comment:

SYB said...

I can't believe it's already been a year since his last party. Sigh. They grow up so fast. We miss you guys and are hoping to head back to NC in May.