Friday, November 16, 2007

Life as usual

I wish I had a great picture for this entry. However, I have to admit we have not taken a picture or had reason to over the past couple of weeks. Life is just moving along as usual. My computer crashed last week and so I am "borrowing" time at my in-laws' computer to check email, blog, etc. I thought I'd share a few highlights from our past week or so... Shaun was thrilled yesterday evening to pull out my first gray hair! Somehow, I was not as thrilled. In my defense, Shaun's winter beard is covered with grays. Last Sunday, Luke told me that the Bible was about God and Mrs. Karen (his Sunday school teacher). She is very sweet and deserves sainthood for being patient with room of toddlers week in and week out so I didn't argue with Luke. Shaun and I have laughed at Luke's new found obession with Winnie the Pooh and friends. It's hilarious to hear him talk like the animals. My personal favorite is his two year old attempt at a British accent when he says (like Christopher Robin), "Silly ol' bear." Luke and I have made new friends: Sabine and Frieda. They are new to the States from Germany and came to the Women's Bible Study I attend. Frieda is two and she and Luke enjoy playing and it has been great fun to listen to their banter and become friends with her mother. Hearing Luke say, "bitte" and "danke" is so sweet. As I learn how to discipline a strong-willed toddler, Luke and I had an encounter as we ate dinner with friends this week. He was not eating and was acting crazy so I firmly gave him the option of sitting and eating or standing in the corner. Acting crazy was not an option. He chose to stand in the corner, nose to the wall, through all of dinner. I'm not sure who won that battle: He didn't run around but he also went home without any dinner... And last and quite possibly least, today I had the joy of fishing out the penny that Luke dropped in the toliet just after he peed (don't worry, I put on a cleaning glove). Oh, the joys of parenthood.

No comments: