
Playing at the zoo

Luke will be three a week from tomorrow. It's hard to believe how the time flies. I was reading my friend Brooke's blog about how independent her daughter is becoming... and it's so true. I can't even count how many times a day Luke says, "I can do it!" From potty training to turning on a DVD (even though I hate to admit that one). Luke can do it, without help. He loves to pretend he's someone or something else. Lately, he's been fond of monkeys. Possibly because he's learned they can act crazy and not get in trouble. Luke loves to run, climb, jump, chase, belly laugh, and drive... It's true, he's not old enough to drive but he thinks he can and he practices intently every chance he gets on his bike, Eliott's scooter, his pedal tractor or whatever the object with wheels may be. He will say things from his car seat to help me: "Turn sharp Mama" or "slow down Daddy" or "turn left..." You get the point. Recently, we went to the zoo and he was able to practice there as well. As I snapped the above picture I thought, "I sure hope he picks better friends than a chimpanzee to ride along with him when he really can drive!"
3 comments:
When he's really driving it will be his monkey friends from across the street in the passenger seat!
Such a precious picture! I love it! :)
oh he is so cute! i want our kids to meet. they would have fun playing together.
Post a Comment