Hanging out at the pool
Putting out fires with Abraham
Drumming around the house
It has been unusually hot around "these parts" lately. The average temperature for NC in the beginning of June falls in the mid-80s. Well, today it's 95 outside and this has not been our hottest day. Being from West Texas the heat should be no big deal... but no matter what anyone says, humidity makes things feel hotter and we have humidity in NC! So, the heat has made planning our days a bit more complicated than normal. Normal means playing outside all day long. However, since I'm in my third trimester of pregnancy and Luke doesn't know his own limits playing outside all day long isn't the best option. Thankfully, we have the pool! We have been to the pool almost every day the past two weeks and Luke loves it. He's made friends, is getting more confident being in the water, and I especially like the coolness of the pool. We also have spent a fair amount of time indoors and Luke is discovering new and creative ways to play with all his toys. Recently, he has thoroughly enjoyed marching around the house banging his drum with great gusto as he "goes on adventures." Of course, his sidekick is me... I have been a worm, a tiger, and a race car, amongst other creatures as I participate in his elaborate stories. Last but not least, this past Saturday we got to go on a real adventure (for Luke anyway) to Charlotte to hang out with his cousins, Abraham and Benjamin. Luke and Abraham are 9 months apart and had the best time playing together. Luke was so sad to leave and has already informed me Abraham is coming to our house soon. It was so fun to watch them and get to see this next generation build a friendship. (They are technically 3 third cousins or something like that). Two more months of summer to go and I can only hope we have a reprieve from the heat wave... and if not, well I guess we'll figure it out!
1 comment:
Bekah,
I am so glad Sarah has hooked me up with these blogs! It is wonderful to see you and your beautiful boy, home and husband. Bob and I are relishing in being grandparents and anxiously await Nathan and Nina getting to that point! It is wonderful to live in the same city with all our children - what a blessing. I hope all is well with your family - tell them we say "hello".
Suanne Durham
Post a Comment