Saturday, July 12, 2008

Shaun's Birthday


The Little Helper


The Finished Product: Blackberry Cake


Happy Birthday Daddy!


Barefoot & Pregnant in the Kitchen

Yesterday, July 11, we celebrated Shaun's 31st birthday. Shaun said he wanted to stay home and just relax for his birthday dinner so that's just what he did. Luke and I worked hard in the kitchen all day to prepare a special birthday dinner and cake. We had several of Shaun's favorites for dinner: BBQ, roasted potatoes, cucumber and tomato salad (from our garden), and a few other yummies followed by dessert... Blackberry cake (blackberries from our yard, recipe from Foster's Market for you foodies out there), Peach Cobbler w/ Blue Bell Ice Cream (he has officially been converted to a Blue Bell fan). Luke helped bake the cake from start to finish, including taste-testing along the way. He had to take a bath after the whole process because he had Blackberry Cream Cheese Icing from head to toe! Shaun's favorite comment of the evening was, "Look at my wife...she's barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen." Somehow, I didn't think it was quite as funny as everyone else. We were joined by Shaun's parents, his cousin Daniel and his wife Emma, and our good friend Eric. Overall, it was a fun, relaxing evening!

2 comments:

Sarah Durham said...

I know...I hate that she is getting to be such a big girl! But, then again, everyday brings so many new things!

Unknown said...

What great photos! Luke is a chef in the making!