Friday, October 3, 2008

Cowboys & an Indian...


Luke dressed for Charlie's "Cowboy" Party

Indian Luke & Cowboy Daddy

Watch out... Luke's driving a front-loader!


3 1/2 years old!


Luke loving on Baby Wyatt

You may recognize the Indian costume as Luke's Halloween costume from last year. He enjoys to pretend and dress up but the day he donned this costume again was for a specific reason: Luke was invited to his friend Charlie's cowboy party... pony rides and all. When I told Luke about it and showed him the cowboy/horse themed invitation he was thrilled. The day of the party I laid out his boots, hat, pearl-snap shirt, and jeans. He came into his room, looked at the clothes, and said, "I'm going to be an Indian." I answered, "but it's a cowboy party." Luke replied, "I know and I'm going as an Indian... Indians ride horses too." Well, what could I say. So my little Luke was the Indian among cowboys. He definitely has a mind of his own!

Last week, Luke officially reached the 3 1/2 years-old mark. This is significant to Luke because he's been trying to say he is four for the longest time. Over the summer, he finally accepted he is three and now is thrilled to say he is three and a half, almost four! For me, it is bittersweet. He's growing up so fast. I know it's cliche to say "time flies" but it's the truth. It's hard for me to believe he's not a baby anymore. Luke is such a fun, energetic "big boy." He talks non-stop, asks a million questions, repeats everything he hears, and enjoys so many things: art, fishing, race-cars, riding his bike, playing in the dirt, helping Daddy at work, and learning (just ask him about his microscope and you'll learn shrimp are crustaceans and mosquitoes drink blood and carry diseases among other random bug facts). Luke also has embraced being a big brother. It has been a challenging adjustment for him and will continue to be. However, Luke openly shares his love for Wyatt and has become a big helper for me: getting diapers, playing nearby while I tend to Wyatt, and smiling as he tells people Wyatt's name (currently "King Max Baby Wyatt Richard Sidden"). So in Luke's words, "it's bamazing" to me how much he's grown and what a precious big boy he is becoming.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.