Out for a date
Early Fall colors at Doughton State Park
I thought I might add a few pictures that didn't involve Luke or Wyatt... Those are hard to come by at our house! Shaun and I got invited to attend the Carrie Underwood concert a couple of weekends ago. It was fun to have a "date" with no children and just spend time with each other and other grown-ups. We had a great time and the concert was really good as well. We also have been enjoying a fabulous display of color this fall as the leaves turn. The above picture was taken at Doughton State Park along the Blueridge Parkway. We go up there every year in the Fall for a family picnic. The leaves were just beginning to turn the weekend we were there. It is amazing to see the trees "on fire." I look forward to this time of year. It is such a reminder of the beauty all around us. So often we think we have to go away to an exotic place or vacation spot to experience beauty and relaxation. The truth of the matter is the beauty and potential to enjoy it is readily available. It is me that has to stop long enough to appreciate it and soak in the peace it gives.
No comments:
Post a Comment