
My two little elves...

Bat-Luke on Christmas Day

Santa-Wyatt... such a good sport

Opening gifts

Entertainment in Abilene

Wyatt's first trip to the Abilene Zoo
Christmas is over. I don't really remember the last time I excitedly anticipated Christmas and then found myself wishing it wasn't over. This year, I felt just that way. I guess having a three-year-old in the house changes one's perspective on Christmas. Luke was so thrilled with every aspect of Christmas: decorating, his Christmas program, making Christmas cookies, traveling to Texas, opening gifts, playing with his cousins, and on and on the list goes. Just the other day I said, "Luke, I love you..." and he replied, "Mama, I love Christmas!" Who wouldn't when it is like Luke's Christmas! As you can see from the above pictures we were busy having fun in Abilene. The highlight of the trip for me was watching Luke play with his uncles and cousins (more pictures to come). A close runner-up was the genuine delight on his face as he opened each gift. Wyatt was thrilled with his first Christmas as well. He got stuffed in a Santa outfit (it's up for debate if he was pleased with this) and was held non-stop by doting grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. We returned home to have more Christmas festivities with Shaun's family. His brother and sister-in-law were here for a few days and then we had the whole family over for a New Year's day dinner. Now, on January 7th, I am trying to recover by doing laundry, finding places for all the new toys, and packing away Christmas (much to Luke's chagrin... it's been difficult to pack anything since he keeps going and getting things out of the boxes and putting them back on shelves and tables)!
So as I close out 2008 I might say it has been quite a year. CHANGE has not only been the theme of the most recent presidential election, but also for our family: We sold our house, moved into an old house (new to us), started remodeling, found out I was pregnant, stopped remodeling, celebrated Luke's return to preschool after he dropped out last year, celebrated the arrival of Wyatt and adjusted to having a baby in the house again, watched the economy and our nation's leadership change... However, some things did not change and for that I am grateful: a happy, healthy family, growing boys, good friends, and constant learning about life and God's love and faithfulness to us. As I look forward to 2009, I hope and pray it will be a joyful year in which we celebrate blessings and learn to trust more through the bumps in the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment