Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First Friends


Luke & Millie at their preschool Christmas Program (notice the hand-holding)

Millie came over to play today. There is something so sweet about those first friends in our lives. The friends we think about when we reflect on our growing up years, the funny stories we hear our parents tell about things we did, and then of course the special friendships that last from those early years into adulthood. I have been blessed to have a handful of friends who I have known most my life. I hope Luke and Wyatt are equally blessed... Following is bound to be one of those funny stories years from now and hopefully one of those lasting friendships.

Overheard as Millie and Luke played in Wyatt's room:
Millie: "oh, I've got the baby. I'm going to get him to sleep now."
Luke: "Good, I'm going hunting deer:
Millie: "Ok honey, BE CAREFUL (yelled as Luke took off down the hall)"
a few moments later
Luke: "I'm back. I got some deer. I cleaned it up in the kitchen"
Millie: " the baby's sleeping, let's go eat..."
a little while later
Luke: "Mom, can you turn off the lights... it's night-time"
Millie: "Yeah, we have to go to sleep now."
shortly
Luke: "ok, it's day time now"
Millie: "Yep. The baby's crying can you get him"
Luke: "Got him. Here you take him...I have to feed the animals"

And like that, they were on to another game...
The other thing that is hilarious about this is the conversation. I wonder where or from whom they got their subject matter.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

can you say "arranged marriage"?! I Can!!! :)