Friday, August 7, 2009

A Few More Weeks of Summer Left...

So, it's been a over a month since we left for our annual 4th of July beach trip and I am just now posting pictures! Where does the time go? We had a great time at the beach as always... and continue to have a fun-filled summer: the pool, popsicles on the porch, slip-n-slides, play-dates at the park, story-time at the library... what else to life is there?


Wyatt cruising on the deck at the beach


Pirate Luke a.k.a. Matey Luke. Recent comment by Luke, "When I grow up I'm going to be a pirate. A good one, not a bad one. I guess that means I'll need a boat, a big boat. Momma, can I have a big boat? (no pause for response). And I'll need a matey... Wyatt can be my matey. That's good. Oh, and I'll need a dune buggy or 4-wheeler for when we're on the sand. It's going to be awesome!"


Wyatt loving the beach and eating a little of it as well


Luke is a total beach boy. He would stay all day.


Snack time with our best beach buddy, Ally.


The boys getting ready for the 4th of July festivities (Shaun, Boomer, & Allen)


What's better than watermelon after a day in the sun?


Wow, going to the beach is really tough. Wyatt didn't even make it all the way home.


Watching the fireworks... well some us were watching the fireworks.

2 comments:

Sarah Durham said...

What fun! How lucky you are to live close to the beach! The kids look like they LOVE it! We need to come visit. It looks beautiful there :)

Chloe said...

so sweet...my kids always want to watch the fireworks and they never can stay awake for them! C and E are just now making through fireworks...
Love the fun summer pictures--can't believe it is coming to an end! so sad!