Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Finishing out 2009


Luke & Wyatt


Luke & Wyatt


Family Picture - Fall 2009

Some days... well, most days come and go in our little life here in Winston-Salem, NC. To be perfectly honest, I am grateful for the mundane most of the time. Every once and a while I get an itch to go on a new adventure or take on a new challenge. Then, I look at my two little boys and realize I have the greatest challenge of all right in front of me every day. That's not to say I won't seek out new things or the book is closed on adventures I might have. It's just recognizing that for now my adventure, my challenge, is here. That is my closing thought for 2009. I was trying to think of defining moments of the past year, mountains conquered, celebrations had, etc. In my mind, I just couldn't come across that many that would wow the masses. Our mountains conquered have been Wyatt walking and no longer sticking everything that fits (or not) into his mouth. Luke successfully making in down the aisle as a ring bearer and actually smiling while he did it. Celebrations have involved birthdays of family and friends, births of new friends, fireworks on the Fourth of July, Christmas with family. Defining moments... how about maintaining a household with a wrecking crew named Wyatt and Luke right upon my heels, or Luke starting to learn his memory verses in Children's church and really knowing them. Maybe, explaining to Luke, at the loss of several loved ones this past year, that life ends. Our bodies will one day stop working and that's what happened to several people we love. So 2009 held no newsworthy moments for us. Yet, we have grown, learned, and made progress toward growing two little boys, cultivating friendships, deepening our faith, and trying to do our best one day at time in the tasks set before us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very well said. Love the family picture. Y'all look great together.