
My Valentine door hanger made by Luke

Sweet Brothers (dressed for red day at school)

Working on his class valentines

The final product
Having two boys, I didn't think Valentine's would be a significant holiday at our house. In the future, it's luster may lessen but this year Luke has been very excited with the upcoming holiday. He insisted on making homemade crafty valentines for his friends at pre-school. Not being so crafty, I thought to myself, "Really? What is wrong with the pre-made Disney character card?" Luke would not waiver from his desire and so we made 14 Valentine flamingos. His approach was a bit different than mine might have been. I was unaware we would need safety googles and a fully stocked tool belt. You may not guess it but these little flamingos were measured, hammered, and secured by none other than Luke himself (general contractor in training). A few other highlights from this Valentine week have been sweetheart doughnuts from Krispy Kreme (heart-shaped and smothered with sprinkles), receiving valentines from friends, hanging Luke's heart door hanger he made in Art class, and getting dressed for "red day" at school. Luke was thrilled to dress himself and Wyatt in their matching red Montreal Canadians t-shirts (thanks Uncle Nic)! Of course, we had to explain to him what hockey is and now he wants to play. Oh my, what next!?! Wyatt, on the other hand, could really care less about any of this hoopla...except the Krispy Kreme doughnuts. He likes those and wants to keep 'em coming.
2 comments:
Tell Luke (and Wyatt, of course) that they are both welcome anytime to come up to Montreal, and their big cousin Matt can teach them how to play hockey!!! Love the blog Bekah, a way for us up north to keep up with your family. Sorry to say I don't have a blog - but I do post photos on facebook!
Sorry, that last comment was from me, Gabriela, not Kaela! I'll have to ask Kaela how to change the identity to my name!
Post a Comment