Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wyatt...


Easter weekend - 19 months old


Busy "helping" mommy


All smiles


Not having fun

Most my posts are about Luke... mainly, because he talks and has been around longer. However, I want to share a bit about Wyatt these days. Wyatt is growing into quite the little boy. He's losing his "baby" a bit each day. Wyatt came into this world a big baby and has maintained his status as a big boy. I hear people refer to him by a variety of names and descriptions (all terms of endearment, I"m sure): bruiser, beastie boy, "he could eat that other kid for lunch," linebacker, etc. I think you probably get the point. Wyatt feeds this description in a couple of ways. One, he hasn't met a food he didn't like (except baby food) and two, he loves to lift up his shirt and rub his belly. Wyatt is a child of few words. I know he's only 20 months old but I also recognize that he communicates 99% of his needs non-verbally. As one can see from the pictures he is expressive. There have been very few moments in his short life where I have not known exactly what he wanted at the moment. He has no fear and is determined to keep up with Luke and the big kids in the neighborhood. He jumps into the pool with gusto, refuses a stroller - he would rather drag the tricycle he can't pedal than be strapped into something, the climbs everything, flies down the big kid slide at the park, falls, crashes, bangs, and keeps on trucking. Wyatt can say "shoes" and he loves shoes. He likes to wear Shaun's shoes, Barry's shoes, Luke's shoes, my shoes, his shoes, the random kid at the park... Not sure what the the shoe thing is all about but he's into them. He of course likes trains, trucks, planes and all things that go and make loud noises. So far, in his 20 months he has kept us busy and on our toes at all times. He's a fun "little" guy and I can only imagine what our life is going to be like when he does start talking!

No comments: