Wednesday, October 12, 2011
1st Day of Kindergarten
It's hard to believe Luke is in Kindergarten. He has loved learning for all of his 6 years of life and now he is an "official" student. He is thrilled with school. I have the great joy of having Luke at the school where I work. Right now, Luke thinks this is a great set-up. I don't know that he will feel the same way about having his mom be the school counselor when he is 13... but for now, he loves it.
Recently, I got to watch his class release the Monarch butterfly they had observed from caterpillar to chrysalis to emergence. I wish I could capture the moment as the kids hollered with delight as the butterfly gained strength and eventually flew off into the heavens. I can't resist the metaphor as it applies to observing the growth and development of a child. As I left Luke at his kindergarten classroom that first morning I knew it was his first opportunity to fly. It is my hope and prayer that he continue to be nurtured by caring teachers who challenge him and pique his curiosity and that year by year he become stronger and more independent so that one day he will take off on his own adventure with strength and confidence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment