Wyatt at Holden Beach
Wyatt with his "beach friends" Aley, Ava, & Reagen... oh and Luke
Charlie & Ben (Winston friends who came to the beach)!
Wyatt with his beach cupcakes
Wyatt was adamant he wanted a party at the beach with his beach friends. He didn't want a pool party or a pirate party or a rollercoaster party or any other kind of party a three year old might want... just the beach and his beach friends. I don't really blame him. We have great beach friends and Holden Beach is one of our family's favorite places. I felt a little bit guilty about not having balloons, sending cute invites, and having his friends from Winston celebrate with us. I mean Luke did invite all 25 of his "closest" friends to his 3 year old birthday party. Oh well, each kid is different and we had a fabulous time. Wyatt was thrilled with his beach cupcakes and fish in a bottle party favors. I don't think I would have it any other way. My lesson learned: listen to your kids when they express definite opinions and enjoy the simplicity of what they really want.
Wyatt has fully embraced being three. He loves telling people he is three and jumps for joy that he is NOT a baby... he is a big boy, wearing underwear and all. He is in the year of "do it me self." I love watching him do all kinds of things without any help from Mama. He's continuing to talk a little more everyday and has a fun sense of humor. Wyatt is constantly playing pranks, hiding, and saying funny things with a twinkle in his eye. I can't wait to see how much he grows and learns this year while at the same time wanting to treasure his great sense of curiosity and joy as he makes new discoveries about the world around him!



No comments:
Post a Comment