Friday, September 7, 2007

Conversation With a 2 year old

I picked Luke up from his first day of preschool today and like all typical parents asked, "How was school?" His reply, "I don't know." Following a brief silence Luke asked, "Where does Jesus live?" What a question! I answered, "In your heart." Luke responded with one of his favorite questions, "What's he doin' in there?" I thought, this could get complicated and answered, "Loving you, protecting you, and taking care of you." Another silence followed by Luke asking, "Do you have a Jesus too?" "Yes, Luke." I answered thoughtfully as I contemplated the depth of his thinking. Another silence. "Can we go to 'Chickel-a'?" So we went to Chick-fila where he promptly bit our best buddy Eliott and brought me back to the reality that Luke really is a 2 year old boy!

3 comments:

Kay-Lynn said...

Kids..they are funny sometimes..

just when you think they are really "mature" they prove you otherwise...

mandy said...

I love that! I wish I could have seen that little stinker last week.

Barbara said...

Ahhh....the complex mind of a two year old. They really are fun and amazing aren't they!