Tuesday, September 25, 2007

King of the Mountain and then some


Luke enjoyed a great weekend retreat to the mountains of NC with his grandparents, Nana & Papa, and 33 young adults from our church in Winston-Salem. Shaun and I are blessed to help coordinate events for this group and the highlight of our Fall semester is our fall retreat. It was beautiful weekend filled with laughter, singing, fellowship, and fun for all (including Luke). Luke filled his time by hiking, collecting treasures from nature (which he glued to a board for Mommy and Daddy to keep), sticking his hands in the mountain stream, reading books on the front porch of his cabin with Papa and so on. It was a good weekend for him as well. He has definitely entered the "terrible twos" which aren't so terrible. He's just asserting himself and is very determined to get his way. In his attempts to do this there might be a tantrum or stubborness and sometimes he says hilarious things in order to convince me of his desires... Such as, "i NEED that... or let's talk about it... or NOOOOOOOO I don't want that." This weekend he used a new one: In a vain attempt to ride in the car with his daddy and Papa instead of myself and Nana he hollered, "I NEED THE DOCTOR!!!" That's definitely a way to get someone's attention. He repeated this several times and after I realized he wasn't planning on stopping anytime soon I asked, "Who's the doctor?" He replied quickly, "PAPA." Thus letting us in on what he really wanted: to be in the other car. Unfortunately, the response he got was Nana and mommy laughing out loud at his thought process and futile attempt. At least he got to be the king of the mountain long enough to take a picture...

No comments: