Friday, February 13, 2009

Parties & Celebration


Wyatt w/ Robbin and me at his "Sip and See" Party


Wyatt sleeping at his party


Yummy desserts and such at Wyatt's "Sip and See"


Our little family party for my 30th


30th Bday Dinner

Fabulous 30th Birthday Cake

This past week has been one of celebration. It started off with a dinner with friends for my 30th birthday and ended with a sweet "Sip and See" party in honor of Wyatt. In between was a family birthday party and a few coffee dates with girlfriends. It's hard to believe I am 30 and have two children! Sometimes, it seems like just yesterday I was in high school or college... the cliche is so true, how the time flies. My birthday dinner was made wonderful by my good friends here in Winston-Salem. My friend Ellyn had the beautiful cake made for the event and it was a great evening spent with friends here. I'm reminded time and time again how blessed Shaun and I are to have such good friends. My girlfriends planned the evening and coordinated it all. Shaun has given our little group of girlfriends a name, "The Lipstick Mafia." He says when we get to together and get in our heads that something needs to be done and how it should be done none of the husbands (or anyone else for that matter) have a chance! Thanks girls!
Some other special friends decided Wyatt needed his very own party... They did not want the second child to feel slighted by lack of celebration so our friend Robbin hosted a "Sip and See" and showered Wyatt with books galore. Since we did not really need baby gear she asked guests to bring a favorite book to add to our library of children's books. Anyone who knows me and my family knows this is a good thing. Everyone in our house loves books. As you can see, Wyatt slept through most of the party. He was quite content being held and cuddled by all those women and I was happy he wasn't complaining the whole time. It made the evening nice for everyone. Robbin made a plethora of decadent desserts... What more could one ask for: good friends, good food, and good books!

3 comments:

Kiera said...

Loved that we got to celebrate with you!! Glad you had a great week of parties and fun! We love yall!

Kiera said...

I like your blog "facelift"! Had fun last night!!

Barbara said...

those were some good times! glad I could be there for the celebrations.