Monday, February 16, 2009

Recent Luke Quotes


Periodically, I feel the need to document some of the funnier things Luke says and does... Following are some of the more recent comments.
1. Regarding Superheros:
Luke: "Mom, do superheroes work at night?"
Me: "I think so, that's usually when people need help"
Luke" "Oh good. I really wanted to just play today..."
2. Busy
Me: "Luke, I'm talking to you"
Luke: "I know... please don't bother me, I'm concentrating."
3. Another Superhero moment
Luke: "I'm going to be SUPER today!"
Me: "Hmm..."
Luke: "Mom, can you help me get my batman costume on?"
Me: "Sure"
moments later when Luke realized his cape was missing
Luke: "Oh man... I can't be super today. I can't fly without my cape."
4. President's Day (in the car)
Luke: "Did you know George Washington was a soldier?"
Me: "Yes. Do you know what he and his friends were called?"
Luke: "Tell me"
Me: "They called themselves Patriots."
Luke: "no. They were The United States of America"
Me: "well, that's true..."
Luke: "Yep, I'm right, you're wrong."
5. Re: The Easter Bunny
Leading up to Easter Luke asked a lot of questions about the Easter Bunny, egg hunting, etc. Out of the blue one morning before Easter:
Luke: Mama, bunnies don't lay eggs do they?
Me: No
Luke: Right, so the Easter Bunny must get his eggs from an easter bird because birds lay eggs
Me: Hmm...
Luke: I think there is an easter bird that makes the eggs and gives them to the bunny to take around. The bird probably helps hide the eggs in the trees since there is no way a bunny could get up in a tree... PAUSE. Yep, that's it.

No comments: