We had a fun-filled weekend and I think Luke still might be recovering from the sugar high and over-stimulation... but it was worth it to see him light up with laughter, thrill, and joy throughout the weekend. Saturday, we went to our friend Charlie's birthday party where Luke consumed two cupcakes, hit a pinata, and subsequently ate the candy that came bursting forth... this excitement was followed by a Sunday afternoon adverture to the NC Transportation museum to ride Thomas the Tank Engine and see trains, planes, & automobiles from all eras. Luke also got to sing along with Bob the Builder, eat his first funnel cake, and drink lemonade from a train-shaped drink bottle. Does life get any better? To be honest, I don't know that it does. 61/2 years ago when I moved to NC it was hard to imagine life outside of Texas, away from my dearest friends and my family but here I am. We are abundantly blessed with amazing friends who share in our day to day lives, we are blessed to be near family (though I still wish I was closer to mine), and have a great little boy who eats up life. We are truly blessed and its an essential thing to remember because life does get hard and things get complicated but in the midst of it all we are able to experience such joy, such fun, and such laughter with those we love.
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so true...we are so blessed to have our friends near us as well. Life is good!
Post a Comment