We had one of those weekends when you wonder how you are going to fit it all into the hours in the day. Friday was filled with the Davis Cup tournament, Eliott's Birthday party at Chucky Cheese, and the rehearsal for the Triad Children's Show. Luke did great at all of the above. He growled at the Frenchman playing Andy Roddick. I think it's what made the difference in the match and gave Andy the boost to finish off "Frenchie." We were a bit concerned about getting reprimanded by the judge but I guess he didn't hear Luke. Chucky Cheese was a hit with Luke for sure. He loved the rides, games, and cake. The rehearsal for the Children's Show went better than expected: Luke smiled, walked by himself, and was quite thrilled with the whole event. Too bad he didn't feel the same way on Saturday (which is why we have no pictures). He refused to go up the stairs to the stage so I carried him... once on stage he did great as long as he had one hand on me! I wish I'd known I was going to be a model! Oh well, that's what you get when you ask three-year-old to perform. From there we went to a wedding party for Shaun's cousin and then to Mr. David's birthday party. Needless to say, Luke was exhausted on Sunday and what better to do when one needs a little R & R than go fishing. Shaun took Luke fishing and he caught his first fish! It was 16 inches long and weighed 3 pounds. A big one for sure. The picture was taken this morning because yesterday Luke wasn't thrilled about getting too close to the Big Mouth Bass on the end of the line. We saved Mr. Fish until Luke was feeling a bit more brave. What a weekend!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Gone Fishin'
We had one of those weekends when you wonder how you are going to fit it all into the hours in the day. Friday was filled with the Davis Cup tournament, Eliott's Birthday party at Chucky Cheese, and the rehearsal for the Triad Children's Show. Luke did great at all of the above. He growled at the Frenchman playing Andy Roddick. I think it's what made the difference in the match and gave Andy the boost to finish off "Frenchie." We were a bit concerned about getting reprimanded by the judge but I guess he didn't hear Luke. Chucky Cheese was a hit with Luke for sure. He loved the rides, games, and cake. The rehearsal for the Children's Show went better than expected: Luke smiled, walked by himself, and was quite thrilled with the whole event. Too bad he didn't feel the same way on Saturday (which is why we have no pictures). He refused to go up the stairs to the stage so I carried him... once on stage he did great as long as he had one hand on me! I wish I'd known I was going to be a model! Oh well, that's what you get when you ask three-year-old to perform. From there we went to a wedding party for Shaun's cousin and then to Mr. David's birthday party. Needless to say, Luke was exhausted on Sunday and what better to do when one needs a little R & R than go fishing. Shaun took Luke fishing and he caught his first fish! It was 16 inches long and weighed 3 pounds. A big one for sure. The picture was taken this morning because yesterday Luke wasn't thrilled about getting too close to the Big Mouth Bass on the end of the line. We saved Mr. Fish until Luke was feeling a bit more brave. What a weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome fish. I think you should definitely mount it! You need to blog and tell the world your awesome news!! So excited and can't wait to see the video!
I found your blog! :) Now we can be blogging friends and Facebook friends. There are lots of old Cooper Grads on my friends list. :) It's addicting. :) Your family so precious!!
Molly
Post a Comment