Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Girls' Weekend #1


A day in the sun on Seabrook Island


Coffee & shopping at Freshfields near Seabrook

Reality has officially sunk in... upon the return from our girls' weekend to Seabrook Island, South Carolina: Luke is sick, the house must be cleaned, there's laundry to be done... but it was worth it! Barbara, Karen, Kaylynn, Mandy, and myself were able to enjoy a few sunny days at the Trinh's beach house. What a gift to get to spend quality time with good girlfriends away from home and get a little R & R. We talked, laughed, soaked up some sun... talked, laughed, ate good food... talked, laughed, did a little shopping... and did I mention talked and laughed. It was definitely a "good for the soul" kind of trip (so much better than any therapy one could pay for and I'm a counselor... I should know)! I am constantly reminded how blessed I am to have good friends near and far. I feel exceptionally blessed to have good Winston-Salem friends. I am also grateful for Shaun who indulges me as I go on these girls' weekends...
Girls' weekend #2 is on the horizon. I'll be headed to Texas in a few weeks to spend some time with the Abilene crew! I'll be ready to go as soon as I get caught back up on life here!

4 comments:

Kay-Lynn said...

I had such a great time and i miss laying on the beach sooooo much! So glad our husbands helped us out!

I am still working on getting my post together...just downloaded the pics off my camera!

Barbara said...

# 2....I'm so jealous!!!
It was a great weekend. I too am thankful for good friends and a husband who let's me get away from it all sometimes (not often enough!)--now back to reality!

J+C=JA+CV+TA said...

yeah! Abilene Girl's Weekend is 4 weeks away! can't wait, let me know what your plan is when you get one!

mandy said...

Oh, I'm finally catching up on my blog & blog-checking. Your pics look great! I miss you guys so much already. Great to get to spend such a wonderful weekend together!